LED Track Lights
Where does professional track lighting fit and how does it work?
LED track lighting is the perfect lighting for commercial and cultural sectors. This is not only due to the tiltable nature of these black, white and grey fixtures, but also because of the perfect colour rendering (90-99Ra) that many of the LED track lights have. These aspects can have a positive impact on product sales or the way an object or artwork is interpreted. Want to know what creating a spotlight and a natural display of colours, by LED track lighting systems, can accomplish? A red apple looks fresher and tastier, the new clothing collection stands out both in design and colour, and the emotion in an artwork or painting is highlighted.
How to install a track lighting system?
To use LED track lighting, you need to install a voltage rail that conducts the current (230V) through the entire track system. Very conveniently, the rails / profiles and the (power) connectors indicate how they should be correctly attached to one another. The (power) connector and the couplers are marked with an L (earthing on the left) or an R (earthing on the right). This tells you how to mount the LED track profile and the next connector. After a connector with an L marking, one with an R marking follows (and vice versa). This is explained in more detail in the blog: How do you use a 3-phase track lights system?
To mount the track construction against the ceiling and connect the grounding of the LED track system to the power network, you can follow these steps:
- Switch off the power and remove the fuse if necessary.
- Mark the drill holes for the rails with a pencil and then drill these holes about 6 mm deep.
- Fix the rails to the ceiling with plugs and screws.
- Connect the electricity wires to the power supply. If you want to connect a 3-phase track, this should be a five-core electricity cable!
- Switch the power and fuse back on.
What is the big advantage of 3-phase track lighting?
The great advantage of 3-phase track lighting is that you can choose how flexibly you light. After all, you are free to use 1, 2 or 3 different light groups / circuits; a 3-phase track can therefore also function as a 1-phase track! Each circuit works with light switches linked to it, allowing you to easily illuminate a particular area of your premises or choose a particular type of light needed in a particular room at that time. In fact, LED track lights are available in 2200K to 5700K, with the option of tunable white or a dimmable model. Not surprisingly, LED track lighting is suitable for a variety of applications, including retail shops, showrooms, the hospitality industry, museums and art galleries.
Installation of 3-phase track lighting, how do you do it?
Connecting LED track lighting is a job that is easily done. Even when switching from CDM to LED. You only need LED track lights, after which you go through the following steps:
- Set the phase knob of your old CDM spotlight to 0 so that it is off.
- Disconnect the old fixture from the track by pushing the locking slide to the other side.
- Set the phase knob of your new LED track light to 0 and place the fixture in the track.
- Move the track light to the desired spot in the track and lock it with the slide.
- Then turn the phase knob to 1, 2 or 3, depending on the circuit the track light is intended for.