GU5.3 (MR16) LED Bulbs
What is a GU5.3 LED bulb?
A GU5.3 LED bulb consists of a reflector and two pins, which are 5.3 mm apart. Hence the name GU5.3. The diameter of the reflector in these compact LED lights is 50 mm and thus quite small. This results in a narrow beam angle, which makes these LED light sources perfect for accent lighting. You can use it to put objects or features in a spotlight, such as a painting or other arts.
Do I need a transformer to use GU5.3 LED lighting?
Yes, you need a transformer to use a GU5.3 LED spotlight bulb. Why? A GU5.3 LED operates on 12 Volt and therefore cannot be connected directly to the power network (230 Volt). A transformer converts the current from 230V to 12V. Click here to view all available transformers at Any-Lamp. Ensure that the transformer's minimum load and maximum load (the wattage of all the connected light sources combined) is not under- or overrun. If they are, the bulbs may hum, flicker or have a significantly shorter lifespan.
Which GU5.3 LED spotlight bulb should I choose?
Would you like to buy a GU5.3 LED bulb online? When choosing a new one, it's important to know in which room you're going to place the lighting. Also check what light colour your current GU5.3 lighting has. Keep in mind that a GU5.3 LED spotlight bulb in general has a higher light output (amount of lumens) than conventional lighting. The smaller the space, the fewer lumens are needed. In terms of light colour, you can choose from several variants, which are:
- 2700 Kelvin | Extra warm white light - This light colour is particularly suitable for atmospheric lighting, which fits well in rooms such as living rooms, bedrooms or attics. From a business point of view, 2700K GU5.3 LED lighting is interesting for various catering establishments such as restaurants, theatres, hotels and pubs.
- 3000 Kelvin | Warm white light - This colour temperature is warm and soft, but at the same time it is also neutral. Therefore, a GU5.3 LED spotlight bulb in 3000K also fits well in general areas such as waiting rooms, dressing rooms, foyers, reception desks, corridors and halls. Moreover, they can be used in museums and art galleries.
- 4000 Kelvin | Cool white light - This light colour can be seen as natural and fresh. Therefore, 4000K GU5.3 LED bulbs are perfect as a desk light as well as environments such as offices, schools, meeting rooms, hairdressing salons, beauty salons, showrooms, kitchens and canteens.
Is GU5.3 LED lighting energy-efficient?
Yes, it is! At Any-Lamp, you will find a wide range of energy-efficient GU5.3 LED spotlight bulbs that reduce your energy costs by 90% on average, compared to conventional halogen spotlight bulbs. Moreover, LED lights don't get hot and last much longer; a halogen bulb lasts 4,000 hours on average and a GU5.3 LED light source around 20,000 hours! Therefore, you are assured of durable LED lighting that pays itself back within a year. LED’s are also good for the environment, which makes it a conscious and sustainable choice!
Where can I apply GU5.3 LED bulbs?
A GU5.3 LED spotlight bulb is very flexible in use. The light colour (Kelvin) and light output (Lumen) greatly determine for which room and/or situation the light source is best suited. Atmospheric GU5.3 LED lighting is especially suitable for homes or the hospitality industry. However, 3000 Kelvin (warm white) and/or 4000 Kelvin (cool white) light sources can be used in many ways. Some examples are museums, exhibitions or galleries; the narrow beam angle of these LED products is very suitable for that. Moreover, the spotlight bulb can be used in working environments as an auxiliary light source.
Is MR16 the same as GU5.3?
No, it is not the same. The combination MR16 refers to the design of GU5.3 LEDs. The width of the reflector is 50 mm, which is typical for most GU5.3 LEDs. However, there are also other light sources that use the MR16 design. Therefore, MR16 is not the same as GU5.3. The latter refers to the basic shape, as described above.
How do I install a GU5.3 LED spotlight bulb?
Installing this LED lighting is very easy, due to the handy plug-in fitting. You simply click the LED spotlight bulb into the fixture and you're done! The same applies to replacing your GU5.3 LED bulb. You click the bulb out of the fixture, after which you can place your new lighting in the same way. This is done within a few seconds.
What is important to consider when switching from a GU5.3 halogen bulb to GU5.3 LED?
Would you like to switch from halogen to LED? Then you will be better off in more ways than one! It is important to pay attention to choosing the right colour temperature and a similar light output. The higher the number of lumens, the brighter/powerful the light will be. We have listed a number of advantages for you below.
- Lifespan - LED GU5.3 lasts much longer than GU5.3 halogen.
- Energy savings - With LED, you save up to 90%.
- Maintenance costs - Due the longer lifespan of LED, you will spend less on replacements.
- Durable - GU5.3 LED spotlight bulbs are better for the environment.
- Fast payback - Due to the low energy consumption, the purchase price of a LED GU5.3 bulb is often earned back within one and a half years.
Are GU5.3 LED bulbs dimmable?
Are you looking for a dimmable GU5.3 LED spotlight bulb? At Any-Lamp, you can choose between various options from top brands such as Noxion, Philips, Osram and Sylvania. These dimmable LED light sources can easily be found in the category ‘Dimmable GU5.3 (MR16) LED bulbs’. Each dimmable product also displays an icon on the productimage, so you can be sure you are buying the right GU5.3 LED lighting.